Outlier is a term used to describe an event that is considered to be completely inconsistent with a certain character's normal level of power. Outliers are generally not valid argument in debates. However, there are disagreements on whether certain feat is outlier or not sometimes. Careful judgement and good knowledge of character's normal power level are needed in those cases.
Some generally accepted outliers are:
- Master Roshi destroying the moon in 21st Budokai (while stronger characters were struggling with destroying cities)
- Shikamaru defeating Hidan
- Hulk destroying dimension with a thunderclap
- Iceman defeating Oblivion
- Captain America hurting Onslaught
- SM vs FL